i>Clicker users will need to re-register clickers for the Spring 2012
Students who are using i>Clicker for the Spring 2012 semester will need to enter their clicker information into iLearn even if the student used clickers in the Fall 2012 semester. If you are a student in a class using clickers, check the iLearn class for the i>Clicker block and click on Remote Registration to enter the ID found on the back of your clicker device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can my students use the i>Clicker Mobile App in class instead of purchasing the i>Clicker remote?
- Can i program correct answer ahead of time if I want to?
- If I don't pre-program my questions, how can I review them later?
- Can i use clicker questions provided by my publisher?
- Does your software work with PowerPoint?
- What if I don't use PowerPoint? Does your software "convert" my presentation to PowerPoint?
If you are using a PC, you will need:
Initially when you receive your i>Clicker kit you will receive a flash drive from the company that contains the i>Clicker software. We RECOMMEND not to use the software on the flash drive if you plan on using the iLearn integration. The file that you download from this site will have the i>Clicker software, i>Grader software, and files needed for these software to connect to iLearn.
Select and download the correct packet to your computer (To check system requirements read the FAQ section.):
QuickGuides - Faculty
QuickGuides for faculty using i>Clickers:
- How to enable your students to register their i>Clicker remote in iLearn?
- How do I prepare the i>Clicker and i>Grader software to connect to iLearn?
- How do I sync student points after my class from i>Grader to my iLearn course?
- How do I change the frequency on my receiver?
How to enable your students to register their i>Clicker remote in iLearn?
QuickGuides - Students
QuickGuides for Students using i>Clicker
- How do I get a rebate for my i>Clicker remote
- How to register your i>Clicker 1 or 2 remote in iLearn?
- How do I change the frequency on my i>Clicker remote?
How do I get a rebate for my i>Clicker remote
- For information regarding the i>Clicker remote please go to the SFSU Bookstore i>Clicker web page.
How to register your i>Clicker 1 or 2 remote in iLearn?
What are i>Clickers?
Personal Response Systems (aka ‘clickers’) are an important technology used at every CSU campus to increase student engagement during classes. At SF State, instructors and students have used clickers since 2005. In Fall 2010, a committee of faculty, staff, and students began a clicker standardization investigation to address issues of cost to students, technical support, and integrations with other systems such as iLearn. Based on the results of the study, the committee has recommended that iClicker 2 be used across campus.
How can I use Clickers in my class?
Some instructors have used clickers for the following: